Smooth is the first word that comes to mind as Cardye begins to strum the strings on his guitar. Then as he begins to sing, unique & sexy are the next two words that also come to mind as you listen to his voice.
It is from that point on into his performance that sub-consciously your mind starts this journey of relating to his music, through your own young adulthood experience of identifying what you want from your significant other, to once you have it, maintaining your relationship by valuing your significant other needs and wants as much as your own.
His combined lyrics containing that frank but truthful urban perspective with the soulful sound of his guitar is what has begun to separate him from some of the more up and coming R&B you currently hear.
This self-taught lead guitarist from Raleigh, North Carolina implores you as you listen to his music to let your mind and emotions take you on a journey, to push your boundaries as you connect with your masculine or feminine side, daring you to feel, say, or do so as to not deny them what you know they both need and deserve!
Cardye’s passion for music stems from the influences of artists like: DeAngelo, Anthony Hamilton, Jaheim, John Mayer and many more. He ties the soulful sounds of blues, jazz and rock with his unique voice to deliver his message. Being strong, confident, and sexy is a state of mind, regardless of location, lifestyle, or situation. Cardye describes his music with three simple words…Urban, Smooth, & Sexy!
Focused, driven, and determined to make his mark in the music industry, Cardye continues to record and perform, spreading his brand of smooth sound of Urban Sexy Music, pushing the boundaries of what he feels R&B should be about. The possibilities are endless.
Some of Cardye’s Milestones:
- The Raleigh Stand Up Concert – The Southland Ballroom
- Opened for Joe, and Avant at the Duke Energy Center – Raleigh, NC
- Recorded Lead Guitar for Producer J- Kits on Trey Songz Chapter 5 Album 2012. Song Title “Interlude 4 U”
- Opened for Silk – Club Taboo Woman’s Empowerment 2012 Sharing the same stage with Anthony Hamilton, Wale, Robin Thicke and more! – PNC Arena
- Performed for the Source Magazine in the Hustle and Flow Showcase
- Opened for Tank and Calvin Richardson – Raleigh, NC
- Performed at The RBC Center in Raleigh for the Rip the Runway Fashion Show New Year’s Eve Edition
- Performed at the Bimbe Festival in Durham NC Hosted by k97.5
- Opened for Kem Kemisty and Ledisi for The Intimacy Tour – DPAC
- Performed with live band at the Raleigh Convention Center for Raleigh NC’s Largest New Year’s Eve Party.
- Featured in The Source Magazine as one of the hottest local artist in NC
- Charlotte Finalist in the Andre Harrell Soul Search Competition.