JimmyLee Velez is a motivational author, mentor and speaker, geared towards “Motivating YOU to become the BEST version of yourself”. JimmyLee has released his motivational album, aptly entitled, “The Motivational Files” which is available on iTunes, Amazon and Spotify.
- When and why did you first feel the urge to get into the motivating and personal development field?
Jimmylee Velez: Back in 2006, while I was attending Temple University, I was introduced to a business that based their education on personal development. As soon as I got my hands on this material, my life changed forever! I was learning about myself and growing as a person; it was this feeling of improvement that had me going back for more day-in and day-out.
- At what stage did you decide to make a living doing this?
Jimmylee Velez: I was manifesting the life I always wanted right before my eyes and wanted to share my experience with the world, so I started my Wisdom Miner’s blog, http://WisdomMiners.com. This blog then morphed into something I never expected and people were requesting MORE information. That is when I knew I discovered my calling in life and wanted to live out my destiny.
- How does one actually go about creating a professional living from motivating other people?
Jimmylee Velez: Motivating other people has ALL forms of benefits and earning an income for me is simply a bonus. There are many avenues of revenue when it comes to making a profession out of helping people. With the power of the internet (blogging, videos, membership sites, etc.), the audience is worldwide and your impact is global. That being said, the opportunities are endless. I get rejuvenated helping people become better versions of themselves and that is my biggest payout.
- Have you suffered any ‘resistance’ and if so how have you handled that, and how do you handle criticism and haters in general?
Jimmylee Velez: Experiencing resistance is a part of life in general; it is something we ALL need to be able to handle. I understand that I do not have the solution for every problem. Knowing that, I do not take the resistance personal. The best way I know to handle criticism and haters in general is KNOWING that this material is not for everyone. Deep down I know what my calling in life is, what my mission is, where I am headed and who I do it for. If it is constructive criticism, I take it seriously. Other than that, I help guide them in a better direction…something that will match their opinions.
- Do think that video is an appropriate motivational tool, and do you have any videos published for people to see?
Jimmylee Velez: Using video is a phenomenal tool for motivation. It places you in front of audiences all around the world. Video allows you to be in a millions places at once. My website, http://JimmyleeVelez.com I have videos for EVERYONE to engage with.
- When did you decide to make an album garnished with music for your motivational speeches?
Jimmylee Velez: I was driving into work every day for about a half hour. During this commute I would listen to music for about 15 minutes and then listen to a preacher or motivational speaker for the remaining time. One day it hit me, why not combine music and motivation for the ultimate personal development tool. The rest is history at http://TheMotivationFiles.com
- Tell us something about the music, the recording and the production on “The Motivational Files”. Which part of these processes did you handle, and which did you outsource?
Jimmylee Velez: For The Motivation Files, I was a part of every single process. My buddy Nathan Rivera is a local DJ/beatmaker who created all the music for The Motivation Files. I told him the vibe I was looking for and he simply created magic. For the recording and production, my good friend Jason Molden (a music teacher at a local high school) was the person I partnered with. His knowledge and skill set was priceless for the project and our teamwork really is what created the masterpiece.
8. Is “The Motivational Files” the predecessor of more albums in future?
Jimmylee Velez: Yes, The Motivation Files is my debut album that is really for connecting with as many people as possible. I wanted to make personal development a mainstream topic. There WILL be future albums released that are going to lean on a much stronger/hardcore approach; something for the REAL go-getters out there!
- Apparently you also have a book version of “The Motivational Files” coming out. When will it be released and will it include anything different to the album?
Jimmylee Velez: The Motivation Files book will be released in December 2015. The book will definitely compliment the album. The book will allow me to go more in depth with the topics presented in the album. There will also be bonus material that I truly believe will take ANYONE’S life to the next level.
- Which do you find more challenging, writing books, making albums or appearing live before audiences?
Jimmylee Velez: The most challenging would be appearing live before audiences simply because you do not know what to expect. The audience can really drive the “feeling in the air” and it is up to me to make that a positive one. Writing a book and creating an album is mostly self-driven. That being said, appearing live is the MOST rewarding to me.
- How do you market and manage your career? Do you have a management team or do you control everything by yourself?
Jimmylee Velez: At the moment I am marketing and managing everything myself. There are a lot of moving parts to this business and it can be challenging at times. Because my time is limited, I am currently looking for a marketing/management team to handle this aspect of the business.
- As far as you can remember, have you ever set any goals for yourself, and then failed to achieve them?
Jimmylee Velez: Absolutely! Just because you set a goal, it does not mean it will be accomplished. There is WORK that needs to be done in order for the dream to manifest. Also, sometimes during the process, your dreams/goals change (for various reasons) and you have to be able to adjust quickly and move on.
- For example, if you never sold one single copy of your album or book, would you regard that as a failure? And how would you handle that situation both psychologically and emotionally?
Jimmylee Velez: If I never sold a book or album I would NOT view it as a failure, but as a lesson. I put my heart and soul into everything I do and leave it ALL out on the field. Because of that, I leave everything else up to God. That is a mindset EVERYONE should have regardless of their profession. Will your emotions take a roller coaster ride? Of course, but managing them to stay level is key. The best way to manage them is KNOWING you did your best, make adjustments and continue to pursue greatness.
- Do you think that there are specific situations in a person’s life or professional career, where all the motivation in the world is just not enough to guarantee success?
Jimmylee Velez: First, the definition of success is different for everyone; it is an individual journey and understanding. Motivation is simply a tool, not a guarantee. There are a ton of other factors that are related to one’s success to be considered. Motivation is in place to help push you along through the process.
- How do you think your album “The Motivational Files” can help people achieve their dreams or accomplish their goals?
Jimmylee Velez: The Motivation Files is a unique tool ANYONE can use to develop the proper mindset. A mindset of hope and excellence while putting life into perspective. Every day we must start from scratch and re-focus our thinking to attaining our goals. Every day we are pounded with negative information and junk that pollutes our thinking. The Motivation Files will flush the negativity, boost your confidence, remind you how powerful you are and push you to become the BEST version of yourself.
- Is it necessary to listen to the album from beginning to end, to gain any benefits or can listeners choose individual track at various sittings, depending on their needs?
Jimmylee Velez: It is not necessary to listen to the album in its entirety from beginning to end. The listeners have the ability to choose their track depending on their needs. This is why each track has a powerful title, specifying the content.
- Besides the obvious economic benefits, what more than anything else drives you to pursue this profession?
Jimmylee Velez: I believe this is my God-given gift and calling in life. This is beyond the economic benefits for me, it is a lifestyle. I get “the chills” when I speak, I feel God’s power through my enthusiasm and absolute love running through my veins. This is my passion. I wake up with excitement KNOWING I am going to change someone’s life for the better and make a massive impact on my community.
- Do you yourself have a mentor, or peer from whom you draw inspiration?
Jimmylee Velez: I have multiple mentors that I draw my inspiration from. Mentorship is absolutely KEY to attaining the life of your dreams. Mentors act like a GPS in the way they can guide you through your journey.
- In your opinion, is success the only option or can failure be regarded as a positive experience too?
Jimmylee Velez: In my opinion, EVERYTHING (success & failure) should be viewed as a lesson. We are constantly growing and morphing into updated versions of ourselves. Success and failure are a part of the process. You cannot have one without the other. It is how we internalize and process them each that makes a WORLD of difference.
- Are you available for one-on-one or group counseling too?
Jimmylee Velez: I am available for one-on-one coaching at http://JimmyleeVelez.com Simply contact me there, sign up for my mailing list or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
I am also available for group counseling (actually my latest endeavor). You can be a part of my EXCLUSIVE mastermind group where we are curating successful minds and revealing the hidden secrets of the wealthy. Join us at http://masterMINDset.org
OFFICIAL LINKS: WEBSITE – THE MOTIVATIONAL FILES – ITUNES
“motivation is a tool, not a guarantee” – great quote!