Chris Rich is an accomplished Actor, Model and Singer. His Film and Television credits include: “Trois 3: The Escort” (Rainforest Films), “The Coloring” (Abuzz Films), “Born and Raised” (Jerry Riggs Films), Army Wives (Lifetime), “Tyler Perry’s House of Payne” (TBS), “For One Night” (Lifetime) and “Walker Texas Ranger” (CBS). In addition he also performed in the regional theatrical production of “Looking For Love In All The Wrong Places.”
As a model, Chris has walked on runways for: Neiman Marcus,Saks, Sean John,Russell Athletics, and many more. An R&B and Gospel singer, Chris’ musical gift has allowed him the opportunity to work with Kirk Franklin and Pastor Darryl Blair. Currently, Chris is working on his first solo CD project which will be released in the Fall of 2013 on the Immaculate Southern Comfort Entertainment. Here is an exclusive interview with Chris…
1. When did you start out in the entertainment business? And in which direction did you first go, was it Acting, Modelling or Singing?
CHRIS RICH: First started in the entertainment business in 2008, modeling
2. Who were the first influences on your music and style and which artists are listening to now?
CHRIS RICH: Usher, Ne-Yo…listening to Wale, Miguel
3. You have solid experience and some major credits to your acting and modeling career, why do you feel the need to move into the tough music business as well?
CHRIS RICH:Music has always been my first love lol. so I knew I had to do it just a matter of when.
4. You have an all-round artistic experience, but where do your heartstrings pull the most? Would you like people to refer to you as Chris Rich…the Actor…the Model…or the Singer?
CHRIS RICH:I actually would like people to refer to me as Chris Rich entertainer but have respect for me in them all, but music is my heart and soul.
5. How did you meet up and get involved with Immaculate Southern Comfort Entertainment? And where are you hoping this collaboration will take you?
CHRIS RICH: We collaborated through Torrey listening to some of my cuts I had, I am hoping this collaboration will take us all the way in music even in different genres of music and beyond.
[wp_bannerize group=”inside468x60″ random=”1″]
6. Do you compose your own lyrics and music or do you collaborate with other producers and artists?
CHRIS RICH: I have been writing lyrics all my life, so I write my own as well as collaborate with other producers and writers
7. If you could choose to work with some of today’s established artists or producers, to move your game straight to the top, with whom would you like to collaborate?
CHRIS RICH:I would have to say Will.i.am, Pharrell, Calvin Harris,The Dream, Lenny Kravitz, 2 Chainz, Wale, Usher to name a few
8. Which of your latest music or video releases are currently available to your fans and where can they be heard or downloaded?
CHRIS RICH: You can download on Mtv.com/ChrisRich, www.southerncomfortent.com,
9. Which ingredient do you think is most essential in making your sound and style the way it is?
CHRIS RICH: Diversity in my music is important to me so I work on making it cross over different genres of music as well as combine them.
10. Which emotion more than any other, currently dominates your music? Joy, sadness, anger or passion etc., and why?
CHRIS RICH:Passion I must say but with Passion comes Joy and Pain as well as Sadness. But I like feel good music with my song UFO its Feel Good and you can dance to it, but I will have music to come that will display many other emotions.
11. What aspect of the music making process excites you most, and what aspect discourages you the most?
CHRIS RICH:I love the arranging in the studio part because things can change once in the studio I like things spontaneous. I cant think of anything discouraging about it challenging maybe staying to the format of the song because I like spontaneity so you know Im looking forward to singing live..lol
12. How involved are you in any of the recording, producing, mastering, marketing, and other processes needed to make and sell your music?
CHRIS RICH:I am involved helping in arranging my vocals etc.
[wp_bannerize group=”Lfooter468x60″ random=”1″]
13. Do you think the advent of internet and all the new technology has helped your music and independent musicians in general, or do you think it just creates a mass of mediocre “copycats” who flood the web, making it difficult to distinguish yourself?
CHRIS RICH:. I think the web is great in marketing with independent artist today it helps to give an artist more creative control etc. and where music can be heard
14. In your artistic career thus far, what is the best piece of advice you actually followed? And one you didn’t follow, but now know for sure, that you should have?
CHRIS RICH: I follow to thy own self be true to be truthful with my music and what touches me will touch others. One thing I should have listened to is to listen to my first mind. I do that now.
15. Being an independent artist, which is the one factor, above all else, that you currently desire most (increased music distribution, better quality production, more media exposure, more club and live performances etc…)?
CHRIS RICH: Media exposure
16. Will you still be dividing your time between all of your artistic interests or will it be only music from here on out?
CHRIS RICH: I will share my time with my other endeavors but each thing has its cycle I can be on the road doing shows etc then after do a movie.
17. How important do you think video is to your music and the music business in general?
CHRIS RICH: Video is definitely important nothing like a visual story to a song.
18. Is going Platinum or winning a Grammy important to you, and If you were forced to make only one choice, which of the two would you choose and why?
CHRIS RICH: Grammy.
19. What in your opinion is the biggest barrier an artist like yourself, has to face and overcome, to gain any commercial success?
CHRIS RICH: Exposure Exposure to the masses.
20. In closing, tell us something about any important new projects and ideas you have in store or are already working on?
CHRIS RICH: I have my project All the Riches in the World doesn’t matter debut in the Fall this year. Looking forward to working on my video and hitting the road to perform coming soon.On the #IMMACULATESC www.southerncomfortent.com.
[wp_bannerize group=”Rfooter468x60″ random=”1″]
OFFICIAL LINKS & WEBSITES: