Gerald Milton is a Sound Engineer, Recording Artist & Entrepreneur from Lagos, Nigeria. He is also the CEO of Slam Entertainment. Due to his African Influenced Culture, Gerald Milton cites his Genre of Music as “Afro Hiphop, Which is a Blend of Hiphop and Afro Beats. He is currently working on his Extended Play titled: “Gerald Milton EP”, the first single from the EP, “Rap Since” Produced by “Tony Ross” was released on May 2015, while the Video was released November 2015.
- How long have you been in the music business and how did you get started in the first place?
Gerald Milton: I have been in the Music Business For about 3years, But Professionally Started this year 2015
- Who were your first musical influences?
Gerald Milton: I listened to a lot of Music Growing Up. Can’t really say
- Which artists are you currently listening to? And is there anyone of these that you’d like to collaborate with?
Gerald Milton: Currently I am listening to WizKid, Cassper Nyovest, AKA. Definitely, I would love to Collaborate with them all
- Are you actually based in Lagos, and what is the independent music scene like in Nigeria?
Gerald Milton: Yes, I am actually based in Lagos. The Independent Music Scene in Nigeria is still growing. Not Much Recognition for Indie Artists but with time I am positive it’s going to be better.
- What are your thoughts on visual media and Youtube? Do think that video is a good marketing tool for your music, and do you have any videos published for fans to see?
Gerald Milton: Visual Media and YouTube in My Opinion is the best form of Music Marketing. YouTube is Useful for Monetization and earning revenues. Here is My Published Video “Rap Since” https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WNJKhwlgxc4
- Which do you ultimately prefer? Entertaining a live audience or creating songs in a studio setting?
Gerald Milton: Entertaining a live audience is what I ultimately prefer. The Connection with the Audience is Priceless!!!
- Tell us something about your lyrics and music production on your releases. Which part of these processes do you handle, and which do you outsource generally?
Gerald Milton: I write My Lyrics Myself and I work with a Producer. His name is:”Tony Ross”
8. What is the title of your latest music release and where can fans find it?
Gerald Milton: The Title of My latest Release is “Rap Since”. They Can find it here on ITunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/rap-since-single/id988258225 Also the Music Video for “Rap Since” can be Viewed Here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WNJKhwlgxc4
- Which ingredient do you think makes you special and unique as a performing artist in a genre thriving with newcomers?
Gerald Milton: My Song Writing Skills and Delivery is Unique. I am bad like that. lol
- If you were forced to choose only one, which emotion, more than any other drives you to be a part of this tough business?
Gerald Milton: Dedication!!!
- Which aspect of being an independent artist and the music making process excites you most and which aspect discourages you most?
Gerald Milton: As an Independent Artiste, I can take decisions without consulting or reporting to anybody. Same goes with the Music Making process. On the other hand I don’t see Challenges as discouragement. They are just minor setbacks
- When and why did you start “Slam Entertainment”? Is this a vehicle just for your music or will you be hosting other artists too?
Gerald Milton: I started Slam Entertainment Officially This year 2015; definitely I will be hosting other Artists too regardless of their Genre. Have an Artist on Board Already; His name is “Anthony Enwehz” watch Out for Him
- Aside from the bigger financial budgets, is there anything at all that you envy about Major label artists?
Gerald Milton: Nothing apart from their Bigger Financial Budgets. That’s the one and Only Thing I Envy. Lol
- The best piece of advice in this business you actually followed so far?
Gerald Milton: Having Self Believe!!! It’s a process and I keep learning daily
- What are your thoughts on talent shows like American Idol, The Voice and the X-Factor etc.?
Gerald Milton: It is what it is. Sincerely, “No Comment”
- Do you consider Internet and all the social media websites, as fundamental to your career, and independent music in general?
Gerald Milton: Yes!!! Right Now, The Internet is Everything!!!
- If someone has never heard your music, which keywords would you personally use to describe your overall sound and style?
Gerald Milton: My Sound and Style is Afro-HipHop. A Blend of AfroBeats and HipHop
- What goals do you have lined-up in 2016 for both yourself and Slam entertainment?
Gerald Milton: Eat the Bigger Apple and Get More Positive Recognition.
- As you work your way through your career, which more than any other fires-up your imagination – A Grammy award, Platinum music sales or any other tangible milestone?
Gerald Milton: Platinum Music Sales and Also Endorsements from Super Mega Companies!
- What is the ONE thing you are NOT willing or prepared to do EVER, in your quest to achieve a successful musical career?
Gerald Milton: The Devil is Out Buying Souls and there’s no Refund. Lol. I would never sell My Soul for a Successful musical Career.