Up and coming rapper Drippy Boy Water. Part of the duo Drippy Kids with Money Kid, is here to talk about his upcoming EP “Tragedy”.
- What is your real name?
Drippy Boy Water: Kevin Mohl.
- Where you from?
Drippy Boy Water: Originally From Pottsville, Pennsylvania.
- How have you been doing this past week with the whole Sick Nick beef and everything?
Drippy Boy Water: Just been chilling. Really. Waiting for him to say something but he hasn’t yet.
- What caused the beef between you two?
Drippy Boy Water: I really don’t remember of the top of my head. I think it was because he asked (my brother) for input and he gave his opinion on his video and he got all salty.
- And you guys never met or talked to each other, correct?
Drippy Boy Water: Yes.
- What would you do if you see him in the streets?
Drippy Boy Water: For real, for real, we would fight because all the shit he be talking like you don’t wanna see me on the block and shit.
- What rappers/music artists inspired you the most?
Drippy Boy Water: I’d have to say a lot of lyrical rappers like Eminem, J. Cole, and Kendrick [Lamar] and some mumble rap, mainly, Lil Uzi [Vert], Migos, and X [XXXTentacion].
- Yeah I saw you were a fan of Tyler’s, not your bother, Tyler The Creator. Does some of his music impact you?
Drippy Boy Water: Yeah, most definitely I am a fan of Tyler, The Creator. He is a great, talented artist and he had a decent impact on me.
- How did it feel when the popular Twitter user Memolovedemi tweeted out your diss towards Sick Nick and her calling you Good Looking?
Drippy Boy Water: I mean it made me happy that my first actual song could spread a little bit and of course, I was excited when someone called me good looking. (Laughs)
- Let me go back to the Sick Nick beef because I was kinda wondering this. If he wanted to, would you talk to him on the phone and make peace with him?
Drippy Boy Water: I would definitely take the chance to talk to him, maybe like in an interview. For right now though, I’m not sure about making peace with him because he’s already in his grave, if you know what I mean.
- It’s been a really sad year when we lost XXXTentacion and Mac Miller. With them passing away, was it hard dealing with that? I know you said that X inspired a lot of your music?
Drippy Boy Water: Most definitely, they are both some of my favorite artists and if I had the chance, I would bring them back to life. R.I.P. Mac. R.I.P. X. I did have a hard time dealing with that, but they’re both sober now.
- Do you think that Hip Hop should stop promoting drug use, especially after we lost Lil Peep and with the whole drug problem in the United States with 72,000 people who died from overdosing?
Drippy Boy Water: It really all depends on the situation. Some of the rappers right now would be garbage without drugs, but yeah I think so because rap should be used to inspire people and not cause death.
- What really frustrates you the most about Hip Hop that’s going on right now?
Drippy Boy Water: Probably on how people think that Tekashi 6ix9ine is a straight bar hitter. That’s a straight lie. In my opinion, I think he’s garbage.
- In another interview, you were asked if you support President Donald Trump and you said no. We haven’t really seen you talk too much about him. What is it about Trump that infuriates you?
Drippy Boy Water: Just the racism, really. I know my history. Without a doubt, we wouldn’t have the United States of America without the immigrants. Like dude, they’re the ones that are making you money. Also, the whole Muslim bullshit too like who the fuck gives a fuck about what they believe in, let them do their thing.
- Why do you not mention Donald Trump in your raps?
Drippy Boy Water: Because there’s no point anymore. He’s gonna be off the presidential board soon anyways.
- So do you find him to be bluntly racist towards Latinos, African Americans, and Muslims?
Drippy Boy Water: Yeah.
- Okay, off the negative stuff. Let’s talk about Tragedy. Is their release date for that?
Drippy Boy Water: Nope. I want it to be a surprise when it comes out.
- I just found your twitter and saw it now. What’s the meaning behind your album cover?
Drippy Boy Water: Drug abuse and what can happen since they guy crashed a nice car and that’s one of the meanings behind it. That you could crash when smoking a blunt, injecting drugs, or whatever you do.
- Well I’m excited to hear it. How many songs will we hear on it?
Drippy Boy Water: There will be three including a bonus track, which is Nick’s Grave. (Tragedy EP tracklist listed below).
- Hard Hitters
- Drugs Are The End
- Nick’s Grave (Bonus)
- Well this is the last question. Do you have anything else that you want to add to everyone?
Drippy Boy Water: Yeah. Check out my twitter @Drippy kids and check my music out too. You like my music, be sure to subscribe.