Reechy is an Indie Rap Artist born and raised in Winnipeg, Manitoba. The MercifulRecords artist has been rapping for 4 years in total, but took a break in-between. His goals are clear, and they are for people to hear his story. Reechy started rapping to vent about things that upset him. He found himself in his music and uses it as a way to express himself. Growing up listening to artists such as Chamillionare and Eminem influenced his style and inspired the music he creates today. Reechy currently has two songs – “Frozen” and “Winning” ft. Elias – exclusive to his Website where you can subscribe or follow him on Twitter.
- How long have you been in the music business and how did you get started in the first place?
Reechy: I’ve been in the music business for 3 years all together. After a brief break from music, this is this is my first year coming back stronger and more motivated than ever.
- Who were your first and strongest musical influences that you can remember?
Reechy: My first and strongest musical influences was Eminem. ‘The Eminem Show’ was one of my first albums I ever purchased. I was only 11 or 12 years old.
- Which artists and/or producers are you currently listening to And is there anyone of these that you’d like to collaborate with?
Reechy: Ritz and Hopsin are always blasting in my head phones. A collaboration with either of them would be mind-blowing.
- What do you feel are the key elements people should be getting out of your music?
Reechy: My music is my life lessons. I’ve had many struggles in life, I want everyone to know they’re not alone. I understand how it feels to go through the struggles. There is a light at the end of every tunnel.
- What do you think separates you from the crowd of emcees emerging right now?
Reechy: I have always seen myself as a black sheep. I am honest and true to who I am as an artist. I don’t try to be like anyone else, better to be hated than loved for what you’re not.
- Do you currently have a preferred song in your catalog, and why is it special to you?
Reechy: That would be a toss-up, either Frozen or Rise. I am able to reflect on where I was in life in those songs, and compare to where I am now. It is a big contrast.
- Are your lyrics predominantly based on real events and personal experiences, or are they drawn from your creative storytelling skills?
Reechy: All of my lyrics are derived from my own life experiences.
- What would you consider a successful or high point in your career so far?
Reechy: Getting signed to MercifulRecords was my real high point. Also, now many artists are wanting to collaborate with me. It’s crazy how things change so quickly.
- What has been the most difficult thing you’ve had to endure in your life or music so far?
Reechy: Addiction was the rigid mountain I climbed and conquered.
- What key ingredients do you always try and infuse into your songs, regardless of style or tempo?
Reechy: Including my own thoughts and opinions into every song is essential. It ensures every song is my own, and represents who I am.
- Do you also produce the beats if necessary or do you just handle the lyrics on your songs and engage outside producers?
Reechy: I have talented artists who produce my music, while I handle the lyrics.
- Which aspect of being an independent artist and the music making process excites you most and which aspect discourages you most?
Reechy: Music allows me to vent and express my emotions. I usually bottle my emotions up and don’t share them openly. It is my outlet to get everything off of my chest. However, this process lays everything out on the table. Which can be a negative side. You’re forced to face your own demons.
- How do you market and manage your music career Do you have a management team or do you control everything by yourself?
Reechy: MercifulRecords is my management team and PSK promotes me. I am very thankful for them.
- If you had the opportunity to change one thing about how the music business works right now, what would that be?
Reechy: It’d be great to have more music that is inspiring. The sex, drugs and money concept in music is clique.
- If someone has never heard your music, which keywords would you personally use to describe your overall sound and style?
Reechy: It’s unapologetically confident.
- Do you consider Internet and all the social media websites as fundamental in building a career in music today, and what is your personal relationship with the new technology at hand?
Reechy: Social media has connected me with producers, other artists, fans, and of course MercifulRecords. It’s a completely new platform for artists to develop.
- Tell us something about your latest releases, Frozen and Winning ft. Elias?
Reechy: Frozen is a story of my home life when I was in middle school. I was expected to supply my mom with rent money while she supported her own addictions. It was a rough period in my life. Winning is all about putting in hard work to get where you want to be. Practice makes perfect.
- How do you search, discover and choose the features, sometimes performing on your tracks?
Reechy: It usually develops organically. Laidbach (now known as Elias) and I were speaking before I was signed by Merciful Records. We just kept working together. My manager also finds collaborations.
- What is your relationship with visual media Do you have any videos ready-to-go, for fans to checkout?
Reechy: I only have one lyric video at the moment. I am striving to shoot a music video one day. Unfortunately, they can be expensive.
- What’s next on the upcoming agenda for Reechy?
Reechy: Happy to announce my album is in the works. Also working on an EP with Laidbach (Elias).