From the bottom of New Orleans, LA, comes an innovative, energetic and flawless sound the game needs right now. Dubbed as the “New Orlean’s Rap God” comes F.L.Y. WILL, who continues to prove that nominative on every song he drops. With the upcoming Ep titled “The Substance” to drop later in 2014, he’s ready to sit high on that crown, he feels was made for him. In the meantime F.L.Y. WILL is ready to drop “The Substance Prefix”, a mixtape to hold over his fans until the releases of his highly anticipated EP.
We recently caught up with F.L.Y. WILL’s single, “Blue Cinema”.His lyrical ability on it, places him among the elites in the indie rap industry. F.L.Y. WILL delivers content heavy material over a creative beat that takes you on a story telling journey.
This track takes us back to early rapping days when emcees didn’t worry about the label, the radio, and the industry. They just stood up and did their thing, from the heart and soul. F.L.Y. WILL brings lyricism, flow and charisma in his tracks and though fairly explicit, “Blue Cinema” is no exception. In the era of untalented, unoriginal clones and sound-a-likes, F.L.Y. WILL brings originality and substance. If you’ve become disenchanted with the modern hip-hop scene this dude should quench your thirst for quality hip-hop.
A minimally orchestrated track featuring a mix of cocky sexually-influenced braggadocio rhymes and introspection, “Blue Cinema” is a perfect embodiment of F.L.Y. WILL as an artist; creative, yet back to the basics!
There are many themes and metaphors that string together from song to song , running through F.L.Y. WILL’s catalog. Musically speaking I personally love 99% of the production throughout his tracks, with the remaining 1% in the “very cool” category.
F.L.Y. WILL is musically diverse enough to cater to a wide range of people. Lyrically it’s an A+, enough said. All that, together with interesting concepts and themes obviously leads to an overall 5 star value.
F.L.Y. WILL is a great lyricist, he is clever, uncensored, and real. You’ll particularly love his honesty and how he’s just raw and uncut. In fact there is much more meat on this project than many that are out there topping the hip-hop charts today!
F.L.Y. WILL comes with lyrics and creativity. Exactly what was expected. Definitely a must have!