About the author

Rick Jamm

Journalist, publicist and indie music producer with a fervent passion for electric guitars and mixing desks !

Related Articles

27 Comments

1. Pingback: K3vin Envoy’s Making Music and Rattling Cages in the EDM World | indiemusicshouts

2. 3

Concerned Person

Just a heads up, you’re making your site a joke.
    This guy is a fraud, even his PICTURES are fake.
    He also regularly deletes comments on facebook pointing this out.
    You’ll probably also delete this comment too.

1. 3.1

Rick Jamm

As you see we don’t delete anybody. ALL voices are rightfully heard here. But before we condemn anyone we need legal evidence. If any ASCAP, BMI & SESAC etc. proof comes forward, we are willing to take action, but any serious website cannot react to simple comments or emails. That would put just about anybody under constant fire. I’m sure you’re able to understand that. If you have any documented proof whatsoever please provide us with it.

3. 4

alpha noize

You should know one thing about this guy before making articles about him..

Read this:

4. 5

Andy

This guy steals others’ music and sells it as his own. He has ripped off many remixes from actually talented EDM artists. Total hack.

5. 6

kevin is a thief

HE’S A THIEF EVERYONE READ THIS http://edm.com/blog/k3vin-envoy

6. 7

DJ DIGGA

KEVIN ENVOY RE-SELLS OTHER PRODUCERS WORK AND CALLS IT HIS OWN WITHOUT THEIR CONSENT OR KNOWLEDGE.

1. 7.1

Rick Jamm

We listen, we hear and give everybody a chance to say their own. We have on the odd occasion, received complaints like these, but as you all know, legally we can’t go on hearsay. So if anyone can provide documents that prove copyright infringements or anything legally similar, we would gladly accommodate your claims and take the matter up with the concerned parties. Unfortunately an article on another blog, no matter how authoritative – is not enough to proceed legally.

7. 8

KEVINENVOYSUCKS

KEVIN ENVOY IS A PLAGIARIST, NONE OF HIS SONGS ARE ORIGINAL. HE IS A LOSER THAT HAD TO STEAL FROM OTHERS TO BE SUCCESSFUL. KEVIN ENVOY IS A FAKE!

8. 9

NDerp

You know this POS thief has stolen most of his more recent music from other artists?? Please remove this article ASAP, as this type of blatant plagiarism has no place in any respectable online publication. He doesn’t deserve ANY attention, even the bad kind. Blacklist him!!

1. 9.1

9. 10

J

What a joke of a music website. If you can’t be bothered to go to tracks posted by this “artist,” and then go to ESTABLISHED tracks by other ESTABLISHED artists, and listen with your own ears to blatant copies… then you have no credibility left.

1. 10.1

Rick Jamm

I understand what everybody is saying. I see a lot of hate mail and accusations. When we start to see any legal representation by ASCAP, BMI & SESAC etc. from what you call the ESTABLISHED artists, we’ll be able to take action.

1. 10.1.1

josh

Rick you are as big of a joke as K3vin is, you have no integrity as a journalist in any regard.. its really sad to be honest.. anyone with ears or ANY KIND of electronic music knowledge knows who produced all the original tracks and that these are stolen.. you might want to consider a new job or going back to school.

1. 10.1.1.1

Rick Jamm

Josh, I respect your views and can accept everyone’s contempt, but I hate to repeat myself. Instead of all the messages, I’d really appreciate just one email with an attached document that states K3vin has no legal right to remix, reproduce or re-release any of those tracks.

Does somebody have that document or do my EARS just have to assume that he does not possess any rights whatsoever?

The EARS over at iTunes and Amazon assume he does have those rights, but then again, maybe they also have to consider getting a new job or going back to school! :))

In any case, we’re here any time you want. If anyone can legally prove your point, we will take action.

1. 10.1.1.1.1

Omega

Exactly what sort of proof do you need? I am an artist he has stolen from. Would you like me to send you an individual part from my song that he stole?! The track of mine that he stole was one that I gave away for free, so it’s not registered with ASCAP or BMI… But if I send you just the bassline soloed, would that be adequate proof? I understand not wanting to act on hearsay, but this is not hearsay – I am a directly involved party.

10. 11

Rick Jamm

Omega, I can’t stress how important copyrighting your work is!

I understand what you’re saying and your bassline would be cool for my personal use, but legally it doesn’t have any weight.

Please, everyone involved in creative projects, copyright your work or any part of it! And you don’t need ASCAP or BMI. There are FREE copyrighting services like http://www.myfreecopyright.com/ or http://www.copyrighted.com/ where you can upload an audio or text file and have your creation TIMESTAMPED or FINGERPRINTED, proving who did what first!

1. 11.1

Omega

Rick, you are missing the point. My tune that he stole was a bootleg remix, so it wasn’t something I could copyright, nor something I ever sought to make money off of – I made it to play live in DJ sets, and eventually gave it away on my soundcloud page for free. My fully original works that are released on labels are 100% copyrighted. In this case, I have to rely on the integrity of music publications to get the word out when someone is obviously stealing. EDM.com, EDMSauce.com, and a bunch of other publications have show their integrity… you have not.

1. 11.1.1

Rick Jamm

Omega, I completely understand, and have understood since day one. I just needed one of you to finally bring up the point yourselves. The question is, how much ‘integrity’ is there in doing bootleg remixes of other artists original music without permission from its authors? And in substance is it any different to what K3vin is supposedly doing to you?

I’m not knocking what you do, as I personally enjoy and appreciate remixes. But without permission from the original publisher’s – that’s theft too!

Sure, you do a creative job on top, but that’s like taking a Van Gogh artwork and painting it a different color. Not sure how happy Mr Van Gogh would be to find his “Starry NIght” in another color, no matter how cool it appears to be!

Bottom line: everyone’s a loser here. That’s why we need to stick to original, copyrighted works. Bootleg remixes cannot be legally protected just as much as the theft of them can!

I’m sorry but that’s the way the cookie crumbles, with all due respect to you and the EDM magazines you quote.

p.s. I’m still wondering why no-one has taken this matter up with iTunes or Amazon, because if there are any legal infringements, they’re being committed there!

1. 11.1.1.1

Bruce

Rick, as you can now see on Amazon, I have taken the liberty to contact the respective labels, artists, and management of every artist of every song he has published. You may also see a playlist of 10 videos of some of the artists he has infringed upon here: https://www.youtube.com/user/edmsaucemusic/playlists

All you need to do is click on the obviously named playlist.

1. 11.1.1.1.1

Rick Jamm

You’re now going the right route…if the problems exist legally your efforts will obviously be rewarded.

2. 11.1.1.2

Omega

I hadn’t checked back up on this in a while, and I’m glad I didn’t – I won’t be coming back, so don’t bother to reply. If you don’t understand the difference between derivative works and plagiarism, or the protection that not for profit derivative works have under fair use law, you are a joke of a “music writer”. The fact that you would dare to speak for Van Gogh regarding his thoughts about derivative works is just hilarious. This “article” is a copy and paste from a press release – it has appeared word for word on several other bullshit music websites, and by your own admission it is a paid placement… so the fact that you are talking about integrity is a fucking joke. Fortunately there are much more influential music websites that actually care about the integrity of their content, and they have done a great job of utterly slagging this thief’s career.

1. 11.1.1.2.1

Rick Jamm

I am replying, if not to you, at least in respect of the thousands of readers who visit this blog daily. Quite honestly you can foul-mouth as much as you like , yes it may make me hear you, but it certainly will not make me listen to you. I respect your views but totally maintain my own. I have no ties with K3vin, but I must admit if all your claims are true, he has beaten you guys at your own game- and I suppose it hurts! 99% of indie EDM remixes and mashups have been done without the permission of the rightful owners. That’s theft,period! No matter how you cut and edit the track! Now if what you say is true K3vin has stolen from you, only he didn’t even bother to cut and edit, the thief before him already did that! Come on guys wake up! What most of you do with a laptop is NOT MUSIC! So you wouldn’t know what a ‘music writer’does. Sure you do know a little more about ‘copy and paste’, because that’s what you do to create ‘your music’ right? I think it’s better that you stick with the ‘influential music websites’ who listen to whosoever shouts louder. I’ll say it for the last time, we will react, as we always have, to a legal document that states K3vin Envoy has stolen your music. Until such time all I see is the pot calling the kettle black!

11. 12

Orrski

His tracks have been pretty much removed from all sites and yet your article has not changed. The title is still good as he is definitely “Rattling Cages in the EDM World”

1. 12.1

Rick Jamm

Not really much we can do, other than get into trouble with wiring agencies and press agents. We have legal commitments and can only act on legal proof. Much the same as Amazon and iTunes do. We do however, on a personal level, hear and take note your point of view.

12. 13

Valerie

The titles Playground, Love has No Language and Skin Deep are registered with BMI and Harry Fox. Blogs are not a court of law. Listen to his radio show and see why he has so many followers and has a lot of fans.